Are you a professional Personal Assistant? Eager to assist at the highest board level? Aspiring to be able to make an optimal and meaningful contribution for a longer period of time? In favor of an independent, leading and internationally oriented Dutch law firm? With room for your further professional development? At a beautiful office location in Amsterdam? And do you recognize yourself well in the profile outlined below? Then we would like to receive your application including CV, brief motivation, salary indication and photo before Monday August 16, 2021, via firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to meeting you!
SMEENK’S PERSONAL ASSISTANTS
Your investment for success. Through attention, focus and quality.
VACANCY: PROFESSIONAL PERSONAL ASSISTANT SR. PARTNER HOUTHOFF, AMSTERDAM (30 HOURS)
Houthoff is an independent, leading and internationally oriented Dutch law firm. With its own offices in Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Brussels, London and New York, this renowned organization advises and supports a large national and international clientele with the most complex and critical problems. You can think of the full spectrum of organizations, practice areas, sectors and subjects. From listed, private equity to government and from arbitration, privacy & data protection to healthcare, real estate and climate risk and sustainability. With representatives in Greater China, Houston, Singapore and Tokyo, special regional teams for China, Japan, Korea, Latin America and Europe, complemented by the exclusive membership of Lex Mundi, Tech Law Group and its own network of International Friends, Houthoff guarantees excellence, expertise and quality worldwide. Every day, approximately 600 employees realize the overarching mission “Two worlds, one ambition”. This way, achieving the best results for their clients, every day. For a versatile and renowned Sr. Partner based at the Amsterdam location, business home to approximately 300 employees and a large number of staff members, we are looking for a professional, decisive and connecting Personal Assistant!
The collective values that give this organization its unique identity and define what it stands for and how it works are: diversity, pragmatism, passion for innovation and a strong entrepreneurial spirit. The organization can further be characterized as professional, dynamic, enthusiastic, agile, international and internal, informal. Short lines of communication, clear agreements at every level, close cooperation, mutual respect and the realization of a high quality standard are a common thread in all her thoughts and actions.
Terms of employment
Good terms of employment and fringe benefits, based on 30 hours per week. Among others, a 13th month, commuting allowance and 26.5 vacation days, based on fulltime employment. In addition, Houthoff offers space for your further professional development and many internal events, including drinks and sporting events.
Together with a sr. PA, you primarily support a Partner, who is a lawyer, performs supervisory functions and teaches regularly. The Partner advises at boardroom level and is specialized in public-private regulation and corporate governance. This includes research issues and advice on the effects of proposed legislation and procedures, with a much-discussed practical example being the liquidation of Vestia’s €20 billion derivatives portfolio. You and your colleague each have their own basic responsibilities and replace each other during absence. Secondary, you also support the Partner team-wide, for example in organizing and taking minutes of Quarterly Team Meetings including follow-up monitoring, project management and in preparing, planning, organizing and coordinating side activities. Together with your closest colleague, you ensure that the overall support of ‘your’ Partner runs smoothly! There is a strong focus on proactivity, monitoring progress, thinking along and ahead and identifying, initiating and coordinating actions to be taken.
As to your activities, you can think of:
- Providing support in ongoing investigations and proceedings;
- Studying processes and regulations;
- Researching legal and other background information;
- Managing expense flows and compliance-related issues;
- Taking care of project management;
- Joint calendar and time management;
- Developing and maintaining the administrative structure and, where possible, increasing office efficiency;
- Preparing, planning, organizing, coordinating and taking minutes of meetings (Team Meetings, 1x per quarter) and managing side activities from A-Z;
- Follow-up control of action points and decisions;
- Drafting and editing concepts and providing presentations;
- All other, broad Partner and project support activities.
The ideal candidate
The ideal candidate has worked in a similar position for several years. Is driven, professional, decisive and sparkles! You like to let the life of a busy Partner run smoothly, together with a close colleague. You can identify yourself well with the organization’s aspirations and can communicate at every level. You work in a structured way, are energetic and precise. Obviously, you are digitally literate, proactive, stress resistant and a real team player. Half a word is enough and you can put things into perspective easily, even during peak times. You can handle confidential information well, you have a feeling for (political) relationships and you quickly adapt to changes. You are also cheerful, clearly socially involved and you have a natural interest in ‘how things work’. You like to think along and ahead, to be involved in the activities and objectives of your organization and you have a passion for the role of Business and Project Support. You enjoy giving ‘your’ Partner and team your best!
In summary, you meet the following criteria and have the following competencies:
- Interest in and affinity with the world of Houthoff;
- Completed education in Law (Dutch: HBO-Rechten), Management, Economics and Law (Dutch: HBO-MER) and/or Business Support;
- Minimum of five years of relevant work experience in a professional environment;
- Excellent command of the Dutch and English language in word and writing;
- Excellent command of MsOffice, good command of Tableau is recommended; tech savvy;
- Parttime available (30 hours, including Friday);
- After seeing the introductory film below (in Dutch), you can’t wait to start at Houthoff!
- Honest, committed and loyal;
- Able to deal with confidential and sensitive topics;
- Being able to connect activities and priorities;
- Good organization and structuring skills;
- Good at building an (internal and external) network;
- Pragmatic, accurate and precise;
- Proactive and decisive (taking initiative);
- Business sensitive; tactful and good manners;
- Sober and pleasantly assertive;
- Reliable and accountable; no 9 to 5 mentality;
- Solution-oriented and flexible;
- Commercial and service-oriented mindset (customer orientation);
- At home in a dynamic and ambitious organization;
- Being able to maintain an overview, even during hectic times;
- Eager to achieve a result with a team (collaboration and result-oriented);
- Representative and sense of humor.
In short, are you that top Personal Assistant? Aspiring a wonderful new challenge? At the highest (boardroom) level? Do you wish to be able to make an optimal and meaningful contribution for a longer period of time? In favor of an independent, leading and internationally oriented Dutch law firm? With room for your further professional development? At a beautiful office location in Amsterdam? And do you recognize yourself well in the profile, outlined above? Then we would like to receive your application including resumé, brief motivation, salary indication and photo before Monday August 16, 2021, via email@example.com!
The search for this vacancy is exclusively provided by Smeenk’s Personal Assistants. Direct responses to Houthoff will not be considered.
- Closing date: Monday August 16, 2021;
- Interviews Smeenk’s Personal Assistants: August 19 or 20, 2021, NL-Amsterdam;
- Interviews Houthoff: w/c August 23, 2021, NL-Amsterdam;
- Accepting office: as soon as possible, ideally per October 1st, 2021;
- Terms of employment: permanent (30 h/wk).
About Smeenk’s Personal Assistants, your intermediairy
We are delighted to use our passion, expertise and network for your benefit!
© Copyright Smeenk’s Personal Assistants.